Using multiple products and complex regimens can over-expose our skin to compounds that can be irritating, drying, and can cause potential skin sensitivities.
Our goal at Symbiome is to eliminate what is NOT essential, and to minimize exposure to unnecessary ingredients and products.
We have therefore adopted "the four pillars of minimalist skincare" which incorporate only essential skincare elements (a cleanser, moisturizer, anti-aging compounds, and a sunscreen). All these essential elements perform a specific function and are intentionally selected to support healthy skin.
- Gentle cleansers help remove debris and buildup that could otherwise lead to breakouts as well as environmental pollutants which cause oxidative damage to our skin. They are specially formulated to be gentle on our skin microbiome, which is a key protective barrier.
- Moisturizers are essential to support and maintain a healthy and intact skin barrier. Without an intact barrier, we lose our body’s moisture and this can lead to dry, cracked, or inflamed skin. Symbiome Postbiomic™ Oils contain essential fatty acids such as linoleic acid which are integral in maintaining a healthy skin barrier and are involved in normal maturation and differentiation of sebaceous (oil) glands.
- Anti-aging compounds — antioxidants, retinoids, and stem cells — collectively work to prevent the accelerated signs of aging we are subject to while living in an urban environment
- Antioxidants help combat the myriad environmental pollutants we are exposed to daily in our urban lifestyles (household chemicals, car exhaust, industrial pollutants). All of these pollutants can lead to free radical production and oxidative damage to our skin which accelerates the aging process, exemplified by the earlier appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and uneven skin tone.
- Retinoids help facilitate healthy collagen, and they are essential to preventing fine lines and wrinkles, evening out skin tone, preventing flare-ups, and are natural chemical exfoliants to reveal bright and vibrant skin.
- Stem cells contain the cytokines and growth factors to help maintain healthy collagen and elastin to accelerate skin rejuvenation.
- Sunscreen — along with sun-protective clothing — is critical to preventing signs of UV damage. Absent appropriate sun protection, our skin can show signs of accelerated aging and be at risk of developing skin cancers.
Just because there are four pillars of minimalist skincare doesn’t mean you need four different products.
Each of our Postbiomic™ Oils cover at least three of these key elements (a moisturizer, antioxidant, and natural Vitamin A / retinoid derivatives), and our stem cell serum (The Answer) contains 50% stem cell media, rich with all these integral cytokines and growth factors, making these products ideal for minimalist skincare. Recharge002 Postbiomic™ Oil with fermented pequi oil has naturally-occurring carotenoids: beta carotene, cryptoxanthin, which are pro-retinoids — precursors to Vitamin A (retinol) — that our body converts to retinoids as needed.
Symbiome's focus is to deliver these four pillars of minimalist skincare into a regimen that is incredibly simple to integrate into your normal daily skincare routine.
Our minimal and effective skincare is intentionally formulated to help restore balance to all skin. Shop now
More skincare questions? Our Skin Health Concierge is here to assist you. Schedule a consultation